Friday, November 24, 2006

An apple a day keeps the doctor away!!

Most of you know that I've had a lot of food allergies to deal with over the last, oh i don't know...15 years of my life. This year I was given some good news and had a lot things explained to me about what kind of allergies i have. As a result i've gotten to eat a lot of new things like carrot sticks, and bananas and cucumber, and canteloupe. It's been an exciting tastebud experience!!

My worst allergy was apples. My old allergist said that because I continued eating them I aggravated the allergy and made it worse. Even the smell of raw apples would make my mouth itch at one point.

Well, I went for new tests recently. The skin test for the apple had a bad reaction but she said not to worry. That meant I had antibodies against it but didn't necessarily mean I'd have symptoms. So I went back for an "Apple Challenge". I was to test eating pieces of apple in a slow controlled manner and watch how the symptoms progressed. I had no symptoms!!! None at all!!! Over a two and half hour period I ate an entire apple and nothing bad happened at all!!! My doctor was blown away! I was blown away!!

Last year I prayed for healing. I prayed that God would take away my food allergies, my cat allergy, my lactose intolerance, and other infirmities. He has not said yes to all of these prayers, but i am no longer lactose intolerant, i am no longer allergic to my cats, and well...the apple thing speaks for itself!!! God is good, all the time!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whoo hoo! So glad to hear!

Anonymous said...

hey shelley
It was catching up with you this morning. I miss your input in my life. Defintly going to keep in touch more often with you. I uploaded more pictures to ringo this morning enjoy. Love ya and much blessings,
Bernie