so for any of my regular blog readers (of which i think there are only two), you may remember the october issue, titled: "single christian girl looking for single christian man". in that issue i described the unfortunate failed attempts at dating that i've experience over the past year and a half. i mentioned one piece of "eye candy" that turned out to have no personality. well...he's back.
so. this persistent man, let's call him "Tony" (cuz that's his name), worked in a local restaurant and caught my eye. I found him so attractive in fact that I became tongue-tied whenever I saw him. He would say hello, and I would just smile. I finally got up the nerve to give him my number and he took me out dancing (I use the word "took" lightly, seeing as I had to pay for my own cab ride there and back). He barely spoke the entire night. I tried to ask him questions about himself and he would just respond "In time you will get to know me". At the end of the night, he asked if he could come home with me and keep me warm...WHAT?! Who uses a line like that? I spoke to him once or twice more on the phone trying to be nice, but letting him know I wasn't really interested. He wasn't getting it.
He continued calling me, and calling me. Leaving messages that said "I'm just longing to hear your voice". I ignored his calls for a while, and then I got fed up and answered one night thinking maybe I could talk some sense into him. He asked me what I had done that night and I said I was at my dad's birthday party. To which he said "how come you didn't invite me?"
"Because you don't know my family!!"
"I could get to know them."
"I'm sorry, but I'm not interested in you getting to know my family."
"Why you treat me so bad?"
Finally I said "Listen, Tony. I'm not interested in dating you anymore. You're too busy. You work two job and just don't have time for a relationship with me."
So he says: "I could make time"
And I replied "I don't want you to make time"
COULD I BE ANY MORE CLEAR? Apparently, I could have been more clear. He kept calling!!! Finally at Tara's birthday party one of my friends called him back and left him a message saying "stop calling shelley, she's not interested in you anymore cuz she's dating me". That was in May. I didn't hear from him again, until...
Thursday night this week, my phone rang and when i looked at the callid, it was him!! I just didn't pick up. He didn't leave a message so i though maybe he dialed my number by accident. Today he called again. So I called him back, and what are the first words out of his mouth? "Why you treat me so bad? You never even called to wish me a Merry Christmas." I wished him a Merry Christmas and then he asked why I let someone call and leave him that message all those months ago. I politely told him because I wanted him to stop calling me and couldn't understand why he was calling me again now. He continued to ask why I was treating him so bad and I just got fed up and told him I had to go.
STOP CALLING ME!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
You should come to Australia and meet my single, non-freaky, romantic friend, Andrew. He'd never call you if you said stop calling. He would ask for your phone number and never take you out after midnight, because it is unsafe, and he knows other people care about you too! He would never ask to keep you warm under your covers without a gold ring on your finger. He'd take your dancing. I haven't tried him as such, but I have tried him as a friend, although we're not friends on fire, I know if he found the right girl, he'd be friends on fire with her. He loves serving and making time for people. He loves singing and praising God. He gets emotional at Christmas and New Years. He's not perfect, but he's pretty wonderful! And he wants kids. Come on over girl!
Dude, you should go for Chomp Chomp's friend, he sounds great!
he does sound great...but isn't australia a little far? I know, I know...think outside of the box.
Post a Comment