I went to see Blood Diamond last night....*pause cuz there are no words to express*....it's phenominal. If you have the stomach for the brutality, I highly recommend this movie. Wow. It's eye opening in so many ways. In fact, we discussed after how peoples of the world often claim oppression from another peoples (and it's often true) but they fail to see that they feed the problem themselves and turn on their own. We also discussed that when you see things like this you can understand others you once thought of as fanatics, people who boycot things like diamonds, or fur, for a cause. Once you see the truth behind how these things are acquired, you can understand the need for a cause. A way to make a stand, even if you have no chance of making a difference.
As for the good company...that's all I'll say for now. I tend to get excited about things too quickly and share them with my friends only for it to turn out that it was nothing to get excited about. I don't think that's the case this time, but I'm treading very carefully anyways.

No comments:
Post a Comment